As a human being, muscles are very important part of the body. The musles give as the ability to move and to do various actions. Without the musles, we cannot do various things. And the truth is, without the muscular system, we caanot survive in our life. Because most part of our body made up of muscles. We cannot survive because the heart that pumps to supply in our whole body is made up of musles. And the digestive system that we need to digest our food is also made up of musles. But if our muscular system get infected with diseases it will cause us minor and major health problems. Like what is said above we will not able to move and do various actions. So let us know what are the different muscular system diseases, what are the causes of these diseases and how it will be prevented.
Here are the common muscular system diseases:
1. Muscular Dystrophy - This disease is a hereditary muscles disease that make the muscles weaker and weaker until it is stop working. This may occur at a different ages, from infancy to later year. This means that all may possinle to have this muscular dystrophy. Common symptoms of Muscular Dystrophy may vary from person to person. But this may occur at ages 1 - 3 years old child. You may know that your child has a muscular dystrophy if you will see that he / she having difficult in walking , have difficulty standing up , unable to climb the stair without support and if having behavioral and learning difficulty.
2. Cerebral Palsy - cerebral refers to the cerebrum. There are 3 types of cerebral palsy: 1. spastic cerebral palsy 2. athetoid cerebral palsy 3. ataxic cerebral palsy. The causes of cerebral palsy is unknown. There is no specific causes for this disease. But many who have cerebral palsy is result of having a problem during the pregnancy, which is the brain have damage or not develop well. Mostly those premature babies get this disease in muscles.
3. Dermatomyositis - It is characterized by muscle pain and skin rashes. It is an connective tissue illness caused by swelling of the skin and musles. Here are some symptoms of having a dermatomyositis: having a red and itchy rash on the face , cold feet and hands , difficulty on swallowing and speaking , periods of nausea , loss of weight , fever , pain and weakness in the muscles. This muscular system disease currently cannot be prevented.
4. Compartment syndrome - This disease caused by the compression of the blood vessels , nerves and the musles. Due to lack of oxygen the tissue may die. The symptoms of having a compartmet syndrome are: severe muscle pain , you may feel tightness in your muscle , and paralysis. You may treat this disease through surgical , treatment called fasicotomy. This will help the muscles become normal again.
5. Rhabdomyolysis - In this condition our skeletal muscle are damaged. The tissues breakdown rapidly. Its symptoms are depends on its severity of the conditions.
These are the common muscular system diseases. This is very important to know to prevent having this kind of diseases.